The Role of the Tribal Administrative Assistant
in the Virtual Workplace
Attend this LIVE, ONLINE TRAINING presented by our expert, who will be using all the interactive training tools used in the classroom and more. You’ll be able to ask questions, respond to polls, and collaborate with others. Don’t let anything interrupt your training needs. Join us online and experience a different way of learning!
Please click here for Distance Learning FAQs.
The tribal administrative assistant shoulders much responsibility in the virtual workplace. He or she works independently and does many tasks, such as creating and maintaining a database and spreadsheets, graphic presentations, scheduling virtual meetings, coordinating services for tribal members and much more. In this 4-hour session, we’ll talk about the basic responsibilities of an administrative assistant and how they are adapted to serve the virtual workforce.
|T O P I C S I N C L U D E
|Assisting Customers, Clients and Tribal Members Over the Phone
- Projecting a professional image
- What does the customer expect?
- Dos and don'ts
- Projecting a positive attitude
- Body language
- Tone of voice
- Communicating instructions and providing information to customers
- Communicating to callers during an emergency or crisis
- Putting your caller on hold
- Transferring the caller
- Screening phone calls
- Handling hostile or anxious callers
Purchasing Procedures and Inventory Management in the Virtual Workplace
- What is records management?
- Federal laws
- Identifying your tribe's records retention philosophy
- Protecting confidentiality
- Filing documents
- Ordering and organizing supplies
- Purchasing policies
- Purchasing process
- Following federal and tribal guidelines
- Strategies for minimizing vendor-related problems
- Inventory management best practices
|Preparing for the Virtual Meeting
- Understanding the meeting platform
- Scheduling the meeting
- Preparing the agenda
- Taking and distributing notes that matter
- Handling multiple priorities
- 4 pillars of emotional intelligence
- Multi-dimensional self-care model
*Topics subject to change.