Applying OMB's Grant Compliance Requirements:
Navigating the Super Circular's Compliance Supplement
||October 24 - 25, 2019
||Hilton Phoenix Airport
(2333 East Thomas Rd.)
|| For a room rate of $112, please call 602-824-1455 and mention you’re with the Falmouth October group.
Did you know that your tribal organization is responsible for following OMB’s grant compliance requirements? And that OMB also recently issued a revised Compliance Supplement? Make sure you’re up to speed on these recent developments by taking this important class!
Grant compliance is one of the most crucial — and least understood — elements in any tribal operation. Few people realize that over 60% of audit findings are based on non-financial issues, such as non-compliance with grant requirements or other requirements in the Compliance Supplement. Let our expert guide you through a blow-by-blow of the latest version of the Compliance Supplement, and learn exactly what auditors are going to be looking for when they audit your program. You'll leave this class with a better understanding of how the basic compliance standards impact your grant management system in your organization, and how you can best hold onto all of your tribe's hard-earned funding.
We’ll also brief you on the important changes in OMB's new Uniform Guidance, popularly known as the "Super Circular." Make sure you understand key issues, such as making your audits available to the public, when you can keep profits from federal grants, when Indian Preference may not be allowable in purchasing, and what the questioned costs threshold is.
This is an excellent class for tribal government, housing authority, and tribal grant school (P.L. 100-297) employees serving in the areas of compliance officers, grant accountants, grant directors, finance and program managers, purchasing agents and executive administrators. Register for this important class now and learn how to properly identify and comply with grant compliance requirements for each of your organization's federal grant awards!
|T O P I C S I N C L U D E
|Basic Understanding of the Compliance Requirements
Changes in OMB's "Super Circular"
- Allowable costs
- Activities allowed or unallowed
- Cash management
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Equipment and real property management
- Matching, level of effort and earmarking
- Period of availability
- Procurement, suspension and debarment
- Program income
- Real property acquisition and relocation assistance
- Subrecipient monitoring
- Special tests and provisions
- Do you really need to make your audits public now?
- When can you keep profits from federal grants?
- Are there cases where Indian Preference may not be allowable in purchasing?
- What’s the new questioned costs threshold?
- What does the "Super Circular" say about performance and outcome measures?
Use of the Matrix of Compliance Requirements
Review of Specific Agency Program Requirements over the Following Awards
- CFDA#14.867 Indian Housing Block Grants
- CFDA#14.862 Indian Community Development Block Grants
- CFDA# Multiple BIA Cross-Cutting Section
- CFDA# 15.021 BIA Consolidated Tribal Government Program
- CFDA# 15.022 BIA Tribal Self-Governance
- CFDA#15.030 BIA Law Enforcement
- CFDA#15.042 BIE Indian School Equalization Program (ISEP)
- CFDA#20.205 Highway Planning and Construction (BIA Roads Construction)
- CFDA#93.210 Tribal Self-Governance (IHS)
- CFDA#93.558 Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)
- CFDA#93.600 Headstart
- CFDA# Multiple P.L. 93-638 Contracts (BIA and IHS)
- What are they?
- How are they identified?
- How are they treated for grant compliance?
Internal Controls over the Compliance Requirements
- How to establish an internal control system that will help you maintain compliance over each of the areas of grant compliance
Guidance for Determination of Grant Compliance for Programs Not Included in the Compliance Supplement
Single Audit Consideration
- Identifying federal programs most likely to be scrutinized under the Single Audit
Tips on preparing your grants for audit (i.e., financials matters, grant documents, etc.)
Grant file management issues
*Topics subject to change.