Robert's Rules of Order – The Role of the Chair
in a Virtual Meeting
||May 6, 2021
||12:30 p.m. EDT; 11:30 a.m. CDT; 10:30 a.m. MDT; 9:30 a.m. PDT; 8:30 a.m. AKDT
||ONLINE - VIRTUAL TRAINING
Attend this LIVE, ONLINE TRAINING presented by our expert, who will be using all the interactive training tools used in the classroom and more. You’ll be able to ask questions, respond to polls, and collaborate with others. Don’t let anything interrupt your training needs. Join us online and experience a different way of learning!
Please click here for Distance Learning FAQs.
When meetings are held online using virtual platforms, the role of the chair is even more critical. In this 4-hour session you’ll learn how to manage meetings to allow for fair discussion and productive meetings. You’ll learn effective ways to maintain control, motivate your membership and preside without dominating.
|T O P I C S I N C L U D E
|Acting Like a Leader
- Powerful role of the chair
- Maximizing the full scope of your authority
- Creating a balance of debate
- Presiding without dominating
- What makes an effective meeting?
- Meeting objectives and structure
- Role of board members in meetings
- Checklist for efficient meetings
- Keeping discussion on track
- Eliminating delay tactics
- Diffusing emotional situations
- Using speaker time limits to maintain control
- The ultimate tool - ruling "out of order"
Using Virtual Tools to Maintain Control
- Techniques for encouraging participation
- Fully exploring each issue
- Protecting and encouraging the minority voice
- Selling the benefits of parliamentary procedures
- Raising your hand
- Screen sharing
*Topics subject to change.