for Tribes and
||February 18 - 19, 2021
||12:30 p.m. EDT; 11:30 a.m. CDT; 10:30 a.m. MDT; 9:30 a.m. PDT; 8:30 a.m. AKDT
||ONLINE - VIRTUAL TRAINING
EARLY BIRD/GROUP RATES THROUGH FEBRUARY 4, 2021:
1-2 registrants = 10% off.
3-5 registrants = 20% off.
6 or more registrants = 25% off. For information on Private Group Training, please call 1-800-992-4489, ext.119.
GROUP RATES AFTER FEBRUARY 4, 2021:
3-5 registrants = 10% off.
6 or more registrants = 15% off. For information on Private Group Training, please call 1-800-992-4489, ext.119.
This offer applies to new registrations only. Students must register at the same time and payment must be made at the time of registration. No other discounts may be applied. When registering online, please select CODE: 21EA0218 from the registration form drop down list for the question, “How did you first hear about this product?” If registering by phone, please mention CODE: 21EA0218.
Attend this LIVE, ONLINE TRAINING presented by our expert, who will be using all the interactive training tools used in the classroom and more. You’ll be able to ask questions, respond to polls, and collaborate with others. Don’t let anything interrupt your training needs. Join us online and experience a different way of learning!
Please click here for Virtual Training FAQs.
The ability to plan with accuracy and foresight is the cornerstone
of success. Strategic planning is important at all
levels of any organization, and it’s a team
process. In this hands-on class, you’ll examine
the unique role that tribal culture plays
in the planning process. Learn what tools
you can use to analyze your organization
and its needs and how to develop a strategic plan.
During this class, you’ll learn how to conduct a strategic planning
session, how to prepare for the session and steps
to take after the session.
As you discover ways to
establish a direction for
your organization, you’ll
also understand how to evaluate the plan’s success and
make necessary modifications.
We recommend that you purchase the book, "Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations" to compliment your learning experience.
|T O P I C S I N C L U D E
|A Native Perspective on Planning
Crucial Differences in the Planning Process
- Identifying community needs
- Pursuing common goals
- Determining your tribal organization’s strategic posture
- Non-Native corporations
- Native corporations and organizations
- Identifying reasons for planning
- Setting up your planning process
- Developing a plan for gathering information from stakeholders
- Ensuring you'll meet organizational needs
|Articulating the Mission, Vision and Values
Assessing Your Situation
- (Re-)writing your Mission Statement
- Writing your Vision Statement
- Articulating fundamental values
- Understanding how mission, vision and values relate
Agreeing on Priorities
- Reviewing history, scope and scale of the organization
- Preparing a descriptive profile of operations
- Gathering information from stakeholders, documents and other sources
- Summarizing information in a Situation Assessment
- Analyzing data, reviewing progress and updating the workplan
- Business planning tools
- Future Growth Strategies
- Program Portfolios
|Writing the Strategic Plan
Implementing the Strategic Plan
- Creating goals and objectives
- Understanding financial implications
- Writing the strategic planning document
- Adopting the Strategic Plan
- Next steps
- Avoiding common obstacles
Evaluating and Monitoring the Strategic Plan
- Planning to manage change
- Developing a detailed Annual Operation Plan
- Sample Operating Plan
- Evaluating the Strategic Plan and the process
- Monitoring the Strategic Plan
- Updating the Strategic Plan
- Life after the Strategic Plan
*Topics subject to change.